ROUND 1 – AKHANDA STYLE YOGA WITH LANCE REID – DAAJING GIIDS
A class for men to gather and practice connecting movement with breath. Akhanda classes include 5 elements of movement and 5 energetic principles. With practice, we are prepared to manage increased energy and direct clarity of thought along our unique paths. One might liken Pranayama (breathwork) to that of a turbine on a car. We have it installed and it calls for maintenance and focused use. Let’s GO!
Date(s): Sept 11, 18, 25, Oct 2, 16, 23, 30 (No class Oct 9, Thanksgiving)
Day(s): Mondays (7 classes)
Time(s): 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Location: Earth Temple Studio, Daajing Giids
Instructor: Lance Reid
Lance started his yoga practice in 1998 and made a deeper dive in completing 200 Yoga Teacher Training in June and 300YTT in December of 2018. The 200hr program in Veracruz, Mex. and 300hr in Rishikesh, Ind., then returned to Risikesh in March 2020 for Kundalini 100YTT. Attended Anatomy of Breath and Breathwork 101 Fundamentals with The Breath Centre, 2021, completing certification in progress.
After a pause for, “the weird years” he’s feeling ready to share some time and space for yoga. Learning and takeaway is at your own pace and designed safely for all levels – beginner to intermediate. The practice will definitely shake out a few cobwebs.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Participants can show up to class at least 15 minutes before start (5:15pm). Please give enough time for the instructor to complete attendance and any required forms.
- Participants must complete a waiver form on the first day of class (will send out via email ahead of time)
- Masks are not mandatory at this time.
- Hand hygiene is encouraged.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own mat or equipment to the class.
- Shared equipment that may be used (e.g. mats) will be cleaned & sterilized between use.
- Participants must stay home if they show any symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, fatigue).
- Class may be cancelled by instructors if they show symptoms.
- In the event of a participant or instructor showing symptoms during the program, the participant will be asked to remove themselves from the program and seek medical advice. Beyond daily screening, is not up to our staff to do temperature checks, testing or contact tracing. This is the role of the health authority.
Staying safe is a shared responsibility.
Please do your best to abide by these new procedures to ensure we can recreate safely and respectfully together on Haida Gwaii.