CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR – NOVEMBER 28 CRAFT FAIR POSTPONED UNTIL DECEMBER 12, 2020
|Due to evolving public health orders and the current challenges with the management of COVID-19 cases in the Province, the QC Christmas Craft Fair final date of NOV 28 has been POSTPONED to DEC 12. If we are challenged to run the fair on the 12th and orders have not changed, we will cancel and refund registrants. Haawa-thank you for your patience and we hope to come together again for one final fair!
Support local while staying socially distant this holiday season! Haida Gwaii Recreation is supporting registration for the annual Christmas Craft Fair hosted by the Queen Charlotte City Community Club. You’ll find up to 75 local vendors from across the islands selling their handmade goods at the Queen Charlotte Community Hall on November 7, 14, & 28th. The number of vendors is limited to 25 each day and only 20 attendees are permitted entry every half-hour. Wearing your mask (and if you purchase tickets together, accompanied by your bubble!), browse tables & make your purchases safely. Purchase a ticket for one day or all three! Reminder: children and escorts count as 1 person and require a ticket.
Date(s): November 7, 14, 28th 2020
Location: Queen Charlotte Community Hall, Main Hall
Moresby Island Travel Fund:
Coming from Sandspit? Save your ferry receipt and mail them with your details (address, full name, contact) to Haida Gwaii Recreation at PO Box 187, Masset BC V0T 1M0 for reimbursement. First-come, first-served! More details HERE.
Each date is limited to 25 vendors. Here is the current list of vendors (as of October 22nd) for each date of the fair. There are SIX (6) spaces left for November 7th, 2020 – call Reine to book (250-559-4792).
|Tidal Zone Silver Studio|
|Laura’s True North|
|Art by Jen Keshavjee|
|Islandwise Essentials, Kyla Mitchell|
|Dragonfly House, Roberta Swanson|
|Maude Island Farm|
|Misaphia, Missy Mondoux|
|Ravenwing Crafts, Kelsey Kricheldorf|
|Pringle’s Products, Kay Pringle|
|Full Moon Photo, Jason Shafto|
|Carvings, Bussy Mcguire|
|Creative Chaos, Katrina Husband|
|Coast & Alpine Design, Julia Maestrello
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Only 20 attendees every half hour are permitted entry.
- Physical distancing is required (min. 2m/6ft) indoors and outdoors.
- There will be 25 vendors + max. 5 staff/volunteers (no more than 50 indoors at one time) circulating to encourage distancing and clean high-touch surfaces.
- All attendees must register, sign-in and out, and complete a verbal pre-screening before entry.
- Masks are mandatory.
- Attendees must use hand sanitizer before entering/exiting the hall.
- Entry will be through the back entrance by the playground (NorthWest Community College side). The old college space will be allocated for those who require sheltered seating while they wait (e.g. seniors).
- Hand-shaking and hugging will be discouraged.
- Indoor seating limited.
- No indoor concession.
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. These procedures and our combined efforts help to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19, but there is still a risk.
Please do your best to abide by these new procedures to ensure we can recreate safely and respectfully together on Haida Gwaii.