CREATIVE DANCE with Ceitlynn (5 – 7 years)
These classes will explore a variety of dance and movement patterns. We will create dances inspired by stories and music that encourage self-expression and build coordination.
*NEW!* – Single Class Drop-In option for week 1 class (Feb 4). Your child/ren can try it out and see how they like it!
Date(s): February 4, 11, 18, 25, March 4, 2023 (5 classes)
Age(s): 5 – 7 years (firm minimum age, must be 5 @ start of classes)
Time(s): 10:00am – 10:50am
Location: Earth Temple, Daajing Giids
Instructor: Ceitlynn Epners
- $75 ($15/class)
- Drop-in permitted for week 1 ($15/session)
A minimum of 8 participants is required for this class to run, max 12.
- If registration cancellation occurs 5 days (120 hours) prior to the start of the first class, 100% of the cost of registration will be refunded.
- If registration cancellation occurs 2 (48 hours) days prior to the start of the first class, 60% of the cost of registration will be refunded.
- If registration cancellation occurs after the start of the first class, but before the start of the second class, 30% of the cost of registration will be refunded.
- If registration cancellation occurs after the start of the second class, the cost of registration will not be refunded.
- If a participant is unable to attend a class due to illness or the presence of COVID-19 symptoms, the cost of the class will be returned upon request in writing to Haida Gwaii Recreation.
Ceitlynn Epners is a certified teacher in BC that has worked with children in the classroom, the dance studio, and the outdoors. In her dance classes, she aims to build on children’s natural love of movement and to develop their skills and confidence in a fun and positive environment! She has an extensive dance background. In her youth and early adulthood, she trained in Contemporary Dance and Ballet at The School of Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre, The School for the Toronto Dance Theatre, and with other choreographers. She performed and choreographed in festivals and shows in ON and BC. She has taught dance classes on Haida Gwaii on and off over the last 18 years and continues to keep dance in her life.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. These procedures and our combined efforts help to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19, but there is still a risk.
Please do your best to abide by these new procedures to ensure we can recreate safely and respectfully together on Haida Gwaii.