DCS BOXING (Youth)
|DCS Fitness and Martial Arts is proud to be working in cooperation with Haida Gwaii Rec to bring you a fun, nonintimidating way to begin a life in fitness through Martial Arts Training. We welcome everyone to participate in our Boxing program and we cater to all levels from your first day in the gym to professional level athletes. For more information about DCS go to www.diazcombatsports.com or check out their Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/diazcombatsports/. Due to COVID-19 registration is pairs-only. Sign up with another boxer in your bubble! Boxing gloves are required for this class. The instructor has some pairs for sale and you can email email@example.com to secure a pair. Limited quantities & sizes.
Date(s): November 10, 17, 24, Dec 1, 8 2020
Time(s): 4pm – 5pm
Location: Howard Philips Community Hall
Instructor: Ronald Diaz
Cost: $150 ($15/class, 5 classes*2 registrants) – you must sign up in pairs!
Sorry, this is a registered program only for residents. No drop-in’s permitted at this time. If you don’t have gloves, you can
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Participants can show up to class at least 15 minutes before start (3:45pm). Please give enough time for the instructor to complete daily verbal screening, attendance, and to complete any required forms.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) must complete a waiver, Assumption of Risk Form, and Declaration of Compliance form on the first day of class. Failure to do so means children will not be permitted entry.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) must complete active daily screening before entry.
- Participants are expected to distance (minimum 3m) prior to class and during. We encourage participants to wear a non-medical mask until they are in situated in their designated workout area, to remove during activity, and to replace if going to the washroom or leaving the program.
- We ask that participants avoid aggregating in entryways. If you’d like to catch-up before or after class, outside is safest, while maintaining distance.
- Participants must use the hand sanitizing station at the front entrance but are also encouraged to wash their hands before and after the activity.
- Hand hygiene and physical distancing will be encouraged.
- Hand-shaking & hugging is discouraged.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own mat to the class. Other equipment (i.e. bands, mats) will be assigned to each participant for the duration of the program and stored on-site in labelled bags, distributed by the instructor before start of class.
- Equipment that may be used (e.g. bosu balls) will be cleaned & sterilized between use.
- Instructor will clean high-touch surfaces before and after the start of class (e.g. door handles, chairs).
- Instructor will manage complete record-keeping and report daily attendance and any incidents to the Recreation Coordinator.
- Participants must stay home if they show any symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, fatigue).
- Class may be cancelled by instructors if they show symptoms.
- In the event of a participant or instructor showing symptoms during the program, the participant will be asked to remove themselves from the program and seek medical advice. Beyond daily screening, is not up to our staff to do temperature checks, testing or contact tracing. This is the role of the health authority.
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. These procedures and our combined efforts help to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19, but there is still a risk.
Please do your best to abide by these new procedures to ensure we can recreate safely and respectfully together on Haida Gwaii.