FULL COURSE – EMERGENCY CHILDCARE FIRST AID + CPR-C (EFA) – HLGAAGILDA
Organizations & individuals can buy a ticket below for the following Childcare Emergency First Aid + CPR course. Childcare EFA + CPR-C/AED full course is 8 hours in-class designed to introduce caregivers to injury prevention skills and knowledge. Course covers lifesaving first aid skills and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR and AED) for children, and babies. Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial early childhood education and day care worker safety requirements.
Each course includes a pocket mask, certification through Red Cross, all PPE, course materials and instruction. Please come prepared with your own food + water. Venues may be cooler in the mornings, so please dress warm!
Location: Skidegate Small Hall (to be confirmed)
Time: 10am – 6pm (30 min lunch break)
Instructor: Meredith Adams
Cost: Please e-mai CCRR to register (full costs may be covered by them!): firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration: To register, buy a ticket below or call HG Rec or email email@example.com
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Participants can show up to class at least 15 minutes before the start. Please give enough time for the instructor to complete daily verbal screening, attendance, and to complete any required forms.
- Participants must complete a waiver on the first day of class for themselves. Failure to do so means participants will not be permitted entry.
- Participants are expected to distance (minimum 6 ft/2m) prior to class and during. We encourage participants to wear a non-medical mask until they are situated in their designated work area and to replace it if going to the washroom or leaving the program. As per current public health orders, masks are mandatory at all times indoors, only to be removed during activity as requested by the instructor.
- We ask that participants avoid aggregating in entryways. If you’d like to catch up before or after class, outside is safest, while maintaining distance.
- Participants must use the hand sanitizing station at the front entrance but are also encouraged to wash their hands before and after the activity.
- Hand hygiene and physical distancing will be encouraged.
- Hand-shaking & hugging is discouraged.
- Equipment will be assigned to each participant for the duration of the program and stored on-site, distributed by the instructor before the start of class.
- Equipment that may be used (e.g. simulation dolls, AEDs) will be cleaned & sterilized between use.
- The instructor will clean high-touch surfaces before and after the start of class (e.g. door handles, chairs, equipment).
- The instructor will manage complete record-keeping and report daily attendance and any incidents to the Recreation Coordinator.
- Participants must stay home if they show any symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, fatigue).
- Class may be cancelled by instructors if they show symptoms.
- In the event of a participant or instructor showing symptoms during the program, the participant will be asked to remove themselves from the program and seek medical advice. Beyond daily screening, is not up to our staff to do temperature checks, testing or contact tracing. This is the role of the health authority.
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. These procedures and our combined efforts help to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19, but there is still a risk.
Please do your best to abide by these new procedures to ensure we can recreate safely and respectfully together on Haida Gwaii.