NEW! FITNESS WITH INTERVALS
|Intervals have never been so fun! Join Adam Griffith-Zahner this winter for Fitness with Intervals, a class designed to incorporate resistance and bodyweight exercises with cardio. Throughout our weeks together, we’ll be reinforcing balance and proper core engagement while also getting our heart rate up and burning calories. This class is specifically designed for all fitness levels and can be easily adjusted so that your workout is perfect for you!
Date(s): November 17 – December 11, 2020
Day(s): Tuesday & Friday
Time(s): 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Location: Howard Philips Community Hall
Instructor: Adam Griffith-Zahner
Cost: $120 ($15/class)
A minimum of 8 participants is required for this class to run. Only 10 spots available. Sorry, this is a registered program only for residents. No drop-in’s permitted at this time.
Are you ready to exercise? Participants must complete a PAR-Q form before starting any fitness program. Participants will be provided this document. This document will help you decide if you should consult your doctor before becoming more physically active.
Adam is a certified Personal Trainer who believes that the most important role that fitness can play is empowerment. Living pain free, having proper posture, and being fit enough to live your life the way you want to is what he believes fitness is all about! He wants to share his message and inspire others to challenge themselves and accomplish goals with confidence. With his specialty in Older Adult fitness, Adam can ensure that anyone he shares the gym with feels like they had a safe and effective workout. When he’s not talking about exercise, Adam loves exploring the corners of Haida Gwaii and is usually experimenting with his newest batch of jerky or kombucha.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Participants can show up to class at least 15 minutes before start (6:45pm). Please give enough time for the instructor to complete daily verbal screening, attendance, and to complete any required forms.
- Participants must complete a waiver, Assumption of Risk Form, and Declaration of Compliance form on the first day of class. Failure to do so means participants will not be permitted entry.
- Participants are expected to distance (minimun 6 ft/2m) prior to class and during. We encourage participants to wear a non-medical mask until they are in situated in their designated workout area, to remove during activity, and to replace if going to the washroom or leaving the program.
- We ask that participants avoid aggregating in entryways. If you’d like to catch-up before or after class, outside is safest, while maintaining distance.
- Participants must use the hand sanitizing station at the front entrance but are also encouraged to wash their hands before and after the activity.
- Hand hygiene and physical distancing will be encouraged.
- Hand-shaking & hugging is discouraged.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own mat to the class. Other equipment (i.e. bands, mats) will be assigned to each participant for the duration of the program and stored on-site in labelled bags, distributed by the instructor before start of class.
- Equipment that may be used (e.g. bosu balls) will be cleaned & sterilized between use.
- Instructor will clean high-touch surfaces before and after the start of class (e.g. door handles, chairs).
- Instructor will manage complete record-keeping and report daily attendance and any incidents to the Recreation Coordinator.
- Participants must stay home if they show any symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, fatigue).
- Class may be cancelled by instructors if they show symptoms.
- In the event of a participant or instructor showing symptoms during the program, the participant will be asked to remove themselves from the program and seek medical advice. Beyond daily screening, is not up to our staff to do temperature checks, testing or contact tracing. This is the role of the health authority.
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. These procedures and our combined efforts help to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19, but there is still a risk.
Please do your best to abide by these new procedures to ensure we can recreate safely and respectfully together on Haida Gwaii.