NEW! FUN SWEAT
|Put the fun back in functional with instructor Chloe Clarkson on Monday and Wednesday evenings for “Fun Sweat”, a full-body strength and conditioning class with a focus on form and functional movement patterns. Fun Sweat is a dynamic and joyful movement class the incorporates the use of weights, medicine balls, and kettlebells to bring the heat. Modifications will be available to ensure accessibility for most fitness levels. Expect great tunes, to build a sweat, and have fun doing it!
Date(s): October 19 – November 18, 2020 (5 weeks, 9 classes, as there is no class on Remembrance Day, November 11).
Day(s): Monday & Wednesday
Time(s): 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Location: Queen Charlotte Community Hall, Main Hall
Instructor: Chloe Clarkson
Cost: $117 ($13/class)
A minimum of 8 participants is required for this class to run. Sorry, this is a registered program only for residents. No drop-in’s permitted at this time.
Are you ready to exercise? Participants must complete a PAR-Q form before starting any fitness program. Participants will be provided this document. This document will help you decide if you should consult your doctor before becoming more physically active.
Chloe (she/her/hers) is a certified Personal Trainer and Yoga Teacher living in HlGaagilda-Skidegate. She is motivated by authentic connection with self, with community, and with the body through joyful and empowering movement. Chloe is passionate about creating brave and inclusive spaces for people of all experiences to move, groove, and sweat it out. Her hope is that students leave her classes feeling included, capable & connected. When Chloe is not teaching classes or exercising you can find her gardening, cooking for friends, or sauntering through the forest.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Participants can show up to class at least 15 minutes before start (pm). Please give enough time for the instructor to complete daily verbal screening, attendance, and to complete any required forms.
- Participants must complete a waiver, Assumption of Risk Form, and Declaration of Compliance form on the first day of class. Failure to do so means participants will not be permitted entry.
- Participants are expected to distance (minimun 6 ft/2m) prior to class and during. We encourage participants to wear a non-medical mask until they are in situated in their designated workout area, to remove during activity, and to replace if going to the washroom or leaving the program.
- We ask that participants avoid aggregating in entryways. If you’d like to catch-up before or after class, outside is safest, while maintaining distance.
- Participants must use the hand sanitizing station at the front entrance but are also encouraged to wash their hands before and after the activity.
- Hand hygiene and physical distancing will be encouraged.
- Hand-shaking & hugging is discouraged.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own mat to the class. Other equipment (i.e. bands, mats) will be assigned to each participant for the duration of the program and stored on-site in labelled bags, distributed by the instructor before start of class.
- Equipment that may be used (e.g. bosu balls) will be cleaned & sterilized between use.
- Instructor will clean high-touch surfaces before and after the start of class (e.g. door handles, chairs).
- Instructor will manage complete record-keeping and report daily attendance and any incidents to the Recreation Coordinator.
- Participants must stay home if they show any symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, fatigue).
- Class may be cancelled by instructors if they show symptoms.
- In the event of a participant or instructor showing symptoms during the program, the participant will be asked to remove themselves from the program and seek medical advice. Beyond daily screening, is not up to our staff to do temperature checks, testing or contact tracing. This is the role of the health authority.
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. These procedures and our combined efforts help to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19, but there is still a risk.
Please do your best to abide by these new procedures to ensure we can recreate safely and respectfully together on Haida Gwaii.