LUNCH CRUNCH with Morgan – Daajing Giids
With the promise of more sunshine and longer days, we all want to get outside and spend our evenings lounging on the beach or taking a hike this summer! So let’s join Morgan at lunchtime for some cardio & resistance-focused workouts! These two-week sessions are flexible to our travel schedules, but give us some incentive to keep up our exercise routines and break up the workday. If weather permits, we can even head outdoors! This class will be more cardio heavy and resistance-focused than Full Body Fun, but with purpose. The quick & efficient HIIT-style class in 45-min will keep our bodies and minds engaged and energized before we head back to the office and keep us going until we hit the beach!
Date(s): May 31 – July 15, 2022
Day(s): Tuesdays & Thursdays
Time(s): noon – 12:45pm
Location: Earth Temple, Daajing Giids
Instructor: Morgan Edison
A minimum of 10 participants is required for this class to run.
Are you ready to exercise? Participants can complete a PAR-Q form before starting any fitness program. This document will help you decide if you should consult your doctor before becoming more physically active.
Morgan certified group fitness instructor & personal trainer through the American Council on Exercise (ACE). She has a passion for fitness, exercise and movement of all kinds and finds joy through sharing this with the community. Morgan hopes that students leave her class feeling energized, capable, confident and sweaty! When Morgan is not teaching classes or exercising you can find her wandering through, exploring the ocean and enjoying time with friends.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Participants can show up to class at least 15 minutes before start (11:45). Please give enough time for the instructor to complete daily verbal screening, attendance, and to complete any required forms.
- Participants must complete a health check, waiver, Assumption of Risk Form, and Declaration of Compliance form on the first day of class. Failure to do so means participants will not be permitted entry.
- Masking is recommended but not required.
- We ask that participants avoid aggregating in entryways. If you’d like to catch-up before or after class, outside is safest, while maintaining distance.
- Participants must use the hand sanitizing station at the front entrance but are also encouraged to wash their hands before and after the activity.
- Hand hygiene and physical distancing will be encouraged.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own mat to the class or they can borrow what’s there at the studio.
- Instructor will clean high-touch surfaces before and after the start of class (e.g. door handles, chairs).
- Instructor will manage complete record-keeping and report daily attendance and any incidents to the Recreation Coordinator.
- Instructor will provide verbal direction as opposed to hands-on. They will wear a mask at all times, if not exercising.
- Participants must stay home if they show any symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, fatigue).
- Class may be cancelled by instructors if they show symptoms.
- In the event of a participant or instructor showing symptoms during the program, the participant will be asked to remove themselves from the program and seek medical advice. Beyond daily screening, is not up to our staff to do temperature checks, testing or contact tracing. This is the role of the health authority.
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. These procedures and our combined efforts help to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19, but there is still a risk.
Please do your best to abide by these new procedures to ensure we can recreate safely and respectfully together on Haida Gwaii.