Mindful Belly Moves – MASSET/GAW TLAGÉE
October 4 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm |
Mindful Belly Moves – MASSET/GAW TLAGÉE
Imagine a relaxing, free-flowing movement workshop where anything can happen – from yoga to meditation, from me time to playtime, all infused with beautiful, flowy belly dance movements. You will emerge energized, uplifted and confident, fully at peace within your body! This is a unique, free-flowing and belly dance-infused movement workshop for mind, body & soul. The atmosphere is very friendly and supportive. All levels are welcome – no yoga, meditation or dance experience necessary! (Photo Credit: Shayne Gray)
Please wear whatever allows you to move comfortably and makes you feel beautiful and empowered. You can choose to bare your belly or not – it is entirely up to you!
- Round 1 – Oct 4, 11, 18, 25 (4 classes)
- Round 2 – Nov 1, 6, 15, 22 (4 classes)
Day(s): Tuesdays (4 classes/session)
Time(s): 6PM – 7PM
Location: Anahata Yoga, Masset
Instructor: S’ya ~ Bellycian (bellymagic.ca, facebook.com/bellymagician/)
Cost: $72 ($18/class)
A minimum of 5 participants are required for this class to run. Drop-in may be available. Email email@example.com to inquire. Please complete a waiver before attending class: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/60887ecf84ab2/web/
- If registration cancellation occurs 5 days (120 hours) prior to the start of the first class, 100% of the cost of registration will be refunded.
- If registration cancellation occurs 2 (48 hours) days prior to the start of the first class, 60% of the cost of registration will be refunded.
- If registration cancellation occurs after the start of the first class, but before the start of the second class, 30% of the cost of registration will be refunded.
- If registration cancellation occurs after the start of the second class, the cost of registration will not be refunded.
- If a participant is unable to attend a class due to illness or the presence of COVID-19 symptoms, the cost of the class will be returned upon request in writing to Haida Gwaii Recreation.
A long-time belly dancer, enthusiastic yogi & Qigong practitioner and avid meditator, S’ya (pronounced cee-ya) offers unique workshops and classes in the interest of uplifting, empowering and possibly healing other women through the transformative power of belly dance movements – by incorporating a healthy dose of playfulness, mindfulness, relaxation, self-love and body acceptance into the experience. Her classes take a holistic, mindful approach to belly dance movements – they are a combination of guided and free-flowing movement, and not so much focused on technique as on mindfulness, self-love and body positivity to help women feel at peace with and in their bodies.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Participants can show up to class at least 15 minutes before start. Please give enough time for the instructor to complete daily verbal screening, attendance, and to complete any required forms.
- Participants must complete a waiver form on the first day of class.
- Masks recommended but not required.
- We ask that participants avoid aggregating in entryways. If you’d like to catch-up before or after class, outside is safest, while maintaining distance.
- Participants must use the hand sanitizing station at the front entrance but are also encouraged to wash their hands before and after the activity.
- Hand hygiene and physical distancing will be encouraged.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own mat or equipment to the class.
- Equipment that may be used (e.g. mats) will be cleaned & sterilized between use.
- Participants must stay home if they show any symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, fatigue).
- Class may be cancelled by instructors if they show symptoms.
- In the event of a participant or instructor showing symptoms during the program, the participant will be asked to remove themselves from the program and seek medical advice. Beyond daily screening, is not up to our staff to do temperature checks, testing or contact tracing. This is the role of the health authority.
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. These procedures and our combined efforts help to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19, but there is still a risk.
Please do your best to abide by these new procedures to ensure we can recreate safely and respectfully together on Haida Gwaii.