BEAUTY MAKERS CRAFT CAMP – SPRING BREAK – Daajing Giids/Queen Charlotte
Three days of hands-on activities for kids who love to make and create! Beauty Makers is a project based craft camp for kids ages 6yrs and older; projects include felting, weaving, printmaking, bookmaking, eco-dyeing and natural dyeing. All materials are provided, and yes, you get to keep everything you make!
Day(s): Tues – Thurs
Time(s): 9am – 3pm
Location: Earth Temple Studio, Queen Charlotte
Age(s): 6 years & up
Instructor: Klare Yakabuski (Beauty Makers)
A minimum of 12 participants is required for this class to run. Sorry, no drop-in’s at this time.
I am a teacher, a weaver, and a beauty maker! I have been working with children for 20 years. I love to combine my passions for art, nature, and education by teaching different skills and techniques to make and create. I am an Early Childhood Educator who evolved into a Nature Kindergarten Teacher who loves handcraft and making art. I hold a Fine Arts Degree from Victoria College of Art and have studied weaving with a number of renowned weavers including Jane Stafford on Salt Spring Island.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Drop-off is 8:45 – 9am. Please give enough time for the instructor to complete daily verbal screening, attendance, and to complete any required forms.
- Participants must complete a health check, waiver, Assumption of Risk Form, and Declaration of Compliance form on the first day of class. Failure to do so means participants will not be permitted entry.
- Participants must wear a non-medical mask until they are in situated in their designated workout area, to remove during activity, and to replace if going to the washroom or leaving the program.
- We ask that participants avoid aggregating in entryways. If you’d like to catch-up before or after class, outside is safest, while maintaining distance.
- Participants must use the hand sanitizing station at the front entrance but are also encouraged to wash their hands before and after the activity.
- Hand hygiene and physical distancing will be encouraged.
- Handshaking & hugging is discouraged.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own mat to the class.
- Instructor will clean high-touch surfaces before and after the start of class (e.g. door handles, chairs).
- Instructor will manage complete record-keeping and report daily attendance and any incidents to the Recreation Coordinator.
- Instructor will provide verbal direction as opposed to hands-on. They will wear a mask at all times, if not exercising.
- Participants must stay home if they show any symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, fatigue).
- Class may be cancelled by instructors if they show symptoms.
- In the event of a participant or instructor showing symptoms during the program, the participant will be asked to remove themselves from the program and seek medical advice. Beyond daily screening, is not up to our staff to do temperature checks, testing or contact tracing. This is the role of the health authority.
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. These procedures and our combined efforts help to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19, but there is still a risk.
Please do your best to abide by these new procedures to ensure we can recreate safely and respectfully together on Haida Gwaii.