NEW! Evening Yoga with Chantal – HLGAGILDA/SKIDEGATE
A mix of Hatha, Yin and Forrest, Chantal’s classes are a melange of elements taken from her favourite classes over the last decade. Each practice has a focus and the intention to explore various shapes, flows and experiences, aimed at landing you somewhere a little lighter.
Date(s): November 29th – December 15th, 2021
Day(s): Mondays & Wednesdays (6 classes)
Time(s): 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Location: Sk’aadgaa Naay Elementary
Instructor: Chantal Bacchus
A minimum of 8 participants are required for this class to run.
NEW: BC Vaccine Passport + Gov’t ID required upon entry.
Chantal attended her first yoga class in the summer of 2011 and walked out with the goal of becoming an instructor. Ten years later, she’s finally approaching that goal. Certified in the foothills of the Himalayas in 2019, Chantal’s style of yoga is a unique mix of different styles, teaching strategies and space-making techniques. A forever-student, she hopes to facilitate a curiosity if not a love for yoga in every body, while fostering her own.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Participants can show up to class at least 15 minutes before start (6:45pm). Please give enough time for the instructor to complete daily verbal screening, attendance, and to complete any required forms.
- Participants must complete a waiver form on the first day of class.
- Participants must show government ID and BC Vaccine Card upon entry.
- Participants must wear a non-medical mask until they are in situated in their designated workout area, to remove during activity, and to replace if going to the washroom or leaving the program.
- We ask that participants avoid aggregating in entryways. If you’d like to catch-up before or after class, outside is safest, while maintaining distance.
- Participants must use the hand sanitizing station at the front entrance but are also encouraged to wash their hands before and after the activity.
- Hand hygiene and physical distancing will be encouraged.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own mat or equipment to the class.
- Equipment that may be used (e.g. mats) will be cleaned & sterilized between use.
- Participants must stay home if they show any symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, fatigue).
- Class may be cancelled by instructors if they show symptoms.
- In the event of a participant or instructor showing symptoms during the program, the participant will be asked to remove themselves from the program and seek medical advice. Beyond daily screening, is not up to our staff to do temperature checks, testing or contact tracing. This is the role of the health authority.
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. These procedures and our combined efforts help to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19, but there is still a risk.
Please do your best to abide by these new procedures to ensure we can recreate safely and respectfully together on Haida Gwaii.