Round 3! Hatha Yoga with Meghan – DAAJING GIIDS/QUEEN CHARLOTTE
This will be a mixed level yoga practice. It’s beginner friendly with options to step up your practice depending on your experience. Classes will encompass a wide variety of poses and breath work.
What You’ll Need: A yoga mat. Additional props that are nice to have – a yoga strap (or a big towel / scarf), and 2 yoga blocks. Bolsters will be available for use. If you need any equipment for loan during the duration of the program (mat, blocks, or yoga strap), you can arrange directly with HG Rec (firstname.lastname@example.org) or borrow from the studio!
Date(s): June 2, 16, 23 & 30 (no class June 9)
Day(s): Thursdays (4 classes)
Time(s): 5:30 – 6:45PM
Location: Earth Temple
Instructor: Meghan Cross
Cost: $60 ($15/class)
A minimum of 5 participants are required for this class to run. Drop-in available. Please complete a waiver before attending class: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/60887ecf84ab2/web/
Meghan has been teaching our Seniors Yoga program in Daajing Giids – Queen Charlotte for years in Sun Studio. We’re excited to welcome her back to program delivery, this time with an adult Hatha offering in the new Earth Temple!
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Participants can show up to class at least 15 minutes before start. Please give enough time for the instructor to complete daily verbal screening, attendance, and to complete any required forms.
- Participants must complete a waiver form on the first day of class.
- Masks recommended but not required.
- We ask that participants avoid aggregating in entryways. If you’d like to catch-up before or after class, outside is safest, while maintaining distance.
- Participants must use the hand sanitizing station at the front entrance but are also encouraged to wash their hands before and after the activity.
- Hand hygiene and physical distancing will be encouraged.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own mat or equipment to the class.
- Equipment that may be used (e.g. mats) will be cleaned & sterilized between use.
- Participants must stay home if they show any symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, fatigue).
- Class may be cancelled by instructors if they show symptoms.
- In the event of a participant or instructor showing symptoms during the program, the participant will be asked to remove themselves from the program and seek medical advice. Beyond daily screening, is not up to our staff to do temperature checks, testing or contact tracing. This is the role of the health authority.
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. These procedures and our combined efforts help to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19, but there is still a risk.
Please do your best to abide by these new procedures to ensure we can recreate safely and respectfully together on Haida Gwaii.