Science AL!VE Summer Camps – All-Island
Science AL!VE, c/o SFU Faculty of Applied Sciences Outreach Unit, is dedicated to sparking a lifelong passion for science and engineering. Science AL!VE is excited to partner with the Haida Gwaii Recreation Centre to offer our Pathways to STEAM Summer camp, free for participants to get the opportunity to explore the dynamic and exciting world of STEAM.
- Cost: FREE!
- 15 spots in each camp
- Ages: 9- 12 years*
*Exceptions in communities with fewer students (i.e., Port Clements, Sandspit), we will make exceptions to include children as young as 7
Dates, locations & times:
Camp 1: K’il Kun/Sandspit
- August 2-5th (9:00am-3:00pm)
- Agnes L Mathers Elementary School
Camp 2: Daajing Giids/Queen Charlotte
- August 8-12th (9:00am-3:00pm)
- Queen Charlotte Hall (Bay St. Queen Charlotte, V0T 1S0)
Camp 3: Gamadiis/Port Clements
- August 15-19 (9:00am-3:00pm)
- Port Clements Community Hall (36 Cedar Ave.)
Camp 4: Masset
- August 22-26 (9:00am-3:00pm)
- Tahayghen Elementary School
HOW DOES REGISTRATION WORK?
If you wish for your child to participate in our Summer camp, please fill out the registration request form attached to this letter. Note that spots are limited, so the soon it is submitted, the better!
In order to participate in Science AL!VE’s Summer camp, you will need to:
- Complete registration (online or by form)
- Pack a lunch for your child daily- no lunch is provided at camp.
- Help your child get to camp (drop them off and pick them up).
If you will be late to pick up your child, please call our instructors and let them know. Save their numbers so that they can easily be contacted.
- Eleina: (778-792-9005)
- Joban: (778-552-9536)
What happens after I submit the registration request form?
A member of our team will send you a follow-up email with confirmation of your child’s registration. We look forward to welcoming your child to our Summer camp! If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
LINKS TO REGISTER:
Register online: Click HERE
If you can’t complete the online form, to register send a completed PAPER FORM (download HERE: Science Al!ve Haida Gwaii Camp Registration .docx) to firstname.lastname@example.org