RED CROSS EMERGENCY FIRST AID & CPR C/AED COURSE/CANCELLED
The Emergency First Aid course (including CPR C) is a Canadian Red Cross course that includes a 3-year certification for all successful candidates. Candidates of all first aid experiences or backgrounds are welcome to attend.
Candidates will learn how to deal with the following emergencies:
– Care of a Conscious or Unconscious patient
– CPR for Adult, Child and Infant
– Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
– Choking for Adult, Child and Infant
– Circulatory Emergencies (including Chest Pain, Stroke and Deadly Bleeding)
– Breathing Emergencies (including Hyperventilation, Asthma and Severe Allergies)
– Basic Wound Care
Emergency First Aid (as of September 1, 2018) is also an equivalent award to OFA 1 and is recognized by WorkSafe BC to be used in the workplace.
PLEASE NOTE, ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BRING IN A VALID PHOTO I.D. TO THE COURSE BEFORE STARTING, THANK YOU.
DATE(S): September 28, 2019
TIME(S): 9:00 – 5:00 PM
LOCATION: Howard Philips Community Hall, Masset
INSTRUCTOR: Meredith Adams