RED CROSS STANDARD FIRST AID COURSE/SOLD OUT
Comprehensive two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
The Standard First Aid course (including CPR C) is a Canadian Red Cross course that includes a 3-year certification for all successful candidates. Candidates of all first aid experiences or backgrounds are welcome to attend.
Candidates will learn how to deal with the following emergencies:
– Care of a Conscious or Unconscious patient
– CPR for Adult, Child and Infant
– Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
– Choking for Adult, Child and Infant
– Circulatory Emergencies (including Chest Pain, Stroke and Deadly Bleeding)
– Breathing Emergencies
– Basic Wound Care
– Head and Spinal Injuries
– Bone and Joint Injuries
– Sudden Medical Emergencies (including fainting, diabetes and seizures)
– Heat and Cold Emergencies
Standard First Aid (as of September 1, 2018) is also an equivalent award to OFA 1 and is recognized by WorkSafe BC to be used in the workplace.
DATE(S): September 22 and 23
DAY(S): Sunday and Monday
TIME(S): 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
LOCATION: Howard Philips Community Hall, Masset
INSTRUCTOR: Meredith Adams