SQx Dance Company 1 Day Workshop-Masset
October 14, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm |
Date: Saturday, October 14
Time: 9-1 pm (4 Hours)
Location: Howard Philips Community Hall, Masset
Cost: $20 for the day (May pay on site)
BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON ORGANIZATION
Mission: To use contemporary dance to promote kinship, collaboration, and teamwork.
Mandate & About:
- We further the development of dance through performance and outreach programming.
- We provide flexible touring series for arts venues, public schools, and conservatories to bring performances and interactive programming to both large & small communities.
- We use dance to make the world a better place.
- Learn our athletic European style of contemporary dance
- Learn new ways to improve your musicality, fitness, and spatial awareness in technique
- Learn new ways to think about your dancing in Performance Studies & creative classes
- Learning challenging repertoire performed in both Europe & Canada
- Opportunity to interact with artists that perform internationally
Participants will use athleticism and imagination to experience
- Value of combining physical exercise and creativity (how we innovatively encourage citizenship, inclusion, and selflessness).
- A persons’ belief in self-worth (typically associated with a decrease in the negative aspects of school grounds such as bullying and teasing).
- Embodiment of movement material while simultaneously cooperating with others in spacing, orientation, dynamics, and rhythm.
What to Bring
- Long-sleeved tops & pants (best to wear shorts and t-shirts under these clothes)
- Water bottle
10 people are attending SQx Dance Company 1 Day Workshop-Masset
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.