YOGA IN THE IYENGAR TRADITION
|Classes are taught in the Iyengar yoga tradition, with the use of props and careful attention to alignment. Each class builds progressively upon the previous class to develop strength, balance, mobility and flexibility. All levels welcome.
Date(s): Nov 12, 19, 26, Dec 3, 10, 17 (6 weeks)
Time(s): 5:30 – 7:00pm (90 minutes)
Location: Howard Philips Community Hall
Instructor: Jennifer Chow
Cost: $90 ($15/class)
*Please contact the instructor directly if you wish to join future classes and need to acquire equipment (email@example.com). Haida Gwaii Recreation has some equipment for loan on first-come first-served basis (email firstname.lastname@example.org). Foam yoga blocks will also be available for purchase for $30 a pair. A limited number of clean, used yoga straps will also be available for purchase, price range $2-$10.
A minimum of 8 participants is required for this class to run. Only 10 spots are available. Sorry, this is a registered program only for residents. No drop-in’s permitted at this time.
Jenn has practiced yoga for over 15 years and has found the greatest inspiration from the Iyengar yoga lineage. She is a 200 hr Yoga Alliance Certified Instructor and has completed the additional three years of training required to become a Level 1 Iyengar Yoga Teacher. Her final certification exam is set for fall 2020.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Participants can show up to class at least 15 minutes before start (5:15pm). Please give enough time for the instructor to complete daily verbal screening, attendance, and to complete any required forms.
- Participants must complete a waiver, Assumption of Risk Form, and Declaration of Compliance form on the first day of class. Failure to do so means participants will not be permitted entry.
- Participants are expected to distance (minimum 6 ft/3m) prior to class and during. Participants must wear a non-medical mask indoors until they are situated in their designated workout area, to remove during activity, and to replace if going to the washroom or leaving the program.
- We ask that participants avoid aggregating in entryways. If you’d like to catch up before or after class, outside is safest, while maintaining distance.
- Participants must use the hand sanitizing station at the front entrance but are also encouraged to wash their hands before and after the activity.
- Participants must complete active daily pre-screening.
- Hand hygiene and physical distancing will be encouraged.
- Hand-shaking & hugging is discouraged.
- Participants are required to bring their own mats and props to this class.
- Equipment that may be used will be cleaned & sterilized between use.
- Instructor will clean high-touch surfaces before and after the start of class (e.g. door handles, chairs).
- Instructor will manage complete record-keeping and report daily attendance and any incidents to the Recreation Coordinator.
- Participants must stay home if they show any symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, fatigue).
- Class may be cancelled by instructors if they show symptoms.
- In the event of a participant or instructor showing symptoms during the program, the participant will be asked to remove themselves from the program and seek medical advice. Beyond daily screening, is not up to our staff to do temperature checks, testing or contact tracing. This is the role of the health authority.
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. These procedures and our combined efforts help to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19, but there is still a risk.
Please do your best to abide by these new procedures to ensure we can recreate safely and respectfully together on Haida Gwaii.